In addition, students select a leadership project that focuses on higher level thinking skills. The leadership projects include a member of the newspaper staff, skit club participants, reading club participants for younger students, etc.
The Social Skills Training Program
The social skills program is a proactive approach to develop strong leadership in students which results in a decrease in violent and asocial behaviors. The program involves a school team composed of the principal, 2 trainers for social skills, a leadership sponsor to work with students and other interested staff members. The program focuses on an action plan based on school climate areas of concern with measurable outcomes to document program success. In addition, students select a leadership project that focuses on higher level thinking skills. The leadership projects include a member of the newspaper staff, skit club participants, reading club participants for younger students, etc. All students keep a SPV journal that contains student written responses to character education lessons and other deep learning responses. The program receives ongoing support from an SPV support person assigned to the school to provide guidance and help to the school staff to implement the school action plan. Measurable outcomes include: office referral data; suspension data; student social skills assessments; teacher, trainer, principal and student surveys; student project documentation, social skills lessons, etc. See additional information in other drop downs.
Looking for a Student Social Skills Training Program for your school?
Consider an Ashland University Research Based Program that includes:
- SPV journal for each 6-8 grade students
- Ongoing support throughout the school year
- Measurable outcomes
- School banner displaying school themes for the school year
- SPV support for school climate improvement plan
- Stipends for trainers and leadership sponsor
- Pre determined cost for the program ($7833 yr. / $3917 semester)
- SPV student social skills assesment instrument
- Workbooks to support school themes
- Free training for two trainers and a leadership sponsor
- Job descriptions and school staff responsibilities
- Leadership opportunities for students with a deep learning focus
- 2nd semester startup available to schools
- Leadership opportunities for each 6 – 8 grade students
Call 1-216-591-1876 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
SPV Social Skills Program
Click on the links below to download and learn more about our social skills program:
Social Skills Training Program Click here to read more
Social Skills Organizational Diagram click here to view chart